Drake Primary School and Little Pirates Child Care
I am sure that you are as excited about our world getting back to near normal as we are.
In order to maintain a safe site, students will be using external doors to access the school building and remain in class bubbles wherever possible (unless it is detrimental to the learning or wellbeing of the child and additional mitigations can be put in place). The school day will be staggered but we will continue to ensure a full day for all children. Drake Primary School will cease daily lessons online from Monday 8th March and all pupils will now attend school on site.
Please note that we do provide a free school meal for all children in years Reception, One and Two. Simply choose your meal on our Pupil Asset Parent App. The school receives additional funding for our school when KS1 and Reception children order school meals.
As always, we know we have your full support in reducing the transmission of the coronavirus in our school community. We would ask you to continue to
· Avoid using the narrow path to the north of the school by using the nearest gate as you come to school and drop off all children at that gate
· Wear a face mask at all times near school
· Ensure children and adults have washed their hands before coming to school
· Avoid using the play park until the end of the school day
· Maintain social distancing of 2 meters at all times
· One adult only to bring children to school
· Where ever possible older pupils to walk to school unaccompanied
· All gates are open from before 8:40 to 8:50 please ensure you arrive on time
· Park at the leisure centre and walk down to the relevant gate
· Only bring named packed lunch and water bottles and wear PE Kit or Forest school clothes as needed
· Students should wear PE or Forest school kit to school when needed
· Contact school through the office email account email@example.com
To ensure we can start lessons promptly and reduce risk of transmission please avoid chatting with other parents as the site will need to be cleared promptly to allow other year groups through the gate.
We are looking forward to seeing all the children back at school on Monday 8th March.