Drake Primary School and Little Pirates Childcare, where a world of opportunities awaits
Our school and curriculum must reflect the world: past, present and future, in all its diversity.
We unlock opportunity and inspire everyone.
We aim to provide:
- a school where learning is limitless and occurs within and beyond the classroom
- a rigorous monitoring system to ensure no pupil falls behind and all children are safeguarded and nurtured
- a diverse curriculum to explore communities locally, nationally and globally; to challenge stereotypes and promote courageous advocacy and social justice
- a learning community where every pupil, family and staff member collaborate to refine practice and develop positive and rewarding relationships
So our mission is to:
- inspire poets, geneticists and astronauts of the future through a curriculum of joy and curiosity
- empower children to find their passions and develop the skills and knowledge to be successful in their lives
- ensure children are happy and healthy through our values and play
- develop a culture where reading for pleasure is for everyone
- make the arts a central component for children’s lifelong learning
- equip children with the skills and knowledge to responsibly engage with and prepare for the digital world