The School has a governing body consisting of staff, elected parents, community and Local Authority appointed persons. We are proud to be Governors at Drake Infant School, Nursery and Little Pirates and approach our role with enthusiasm and commitment. Together with the Headteacher the Governing Body leads the school, setting suitable objectives, agreeing policies and monitoring achievement.
Some of things we do:
- Agree the strategic direction of the school
- Agree, monitor and review the budget
- Headteacher performance management
- H&S Risk Assessment
- Agree targets and monitor progress
- Attend cluster governance
- Involved in the appointment of the headteacher and teachers
- Review and agree policies of the school
- Ensure that the school is meeting its safeguarding responsibilities
- Monitor the SEN provision within the school
All of the above means we attend meetings, all together and in smaller groups,
where we question and challenge the head teacher and each other to ensure that we are providing the best learning opportunites so that the children at Drake Infant School, Nursery and Little Pirates can achieve their potential.
We welcome your comments and ideas and if you wish to contact any of the governors please do so via the school office.